We respect the rights and privileges of our users, and we always balance these rights fairly against our rights and legal obligations. We strive only to collect information that improves our users’ experiences on our website. We remove information that is unrelated to that purpose, is irrelevant, or could potentially be harmful to our system as it relates to legal requirements.
Our purpose is to provide our users with expert online casino reviews that are relevant and comprehensive. This guide will help you to understand the data that we collect to help achieve that goal.
The Company Responsible for Guarding Your Data
caters to Indian gamblers by providing comprehensive, relevant reviews of the world’s most popular online casinos. Additionally, it creates and maintains guides on how to play the most popular online casino games. In each of these guides and reviews, and across every platform, the company encourages responsible gambling. The company also considers various international regulations as they relate to online gambling when collecting and retaining data from our users.
As a trusted source of information regarding online casinos in India, we treat your personal data with the highest regard. To that end, we use high-quality privacy software to ensure that your data remains protected from unauthorised access. Additionally, we limit how we share your information with others. In all circumstances, we aim to protect our users from harm and digital fraud. We offer you ways to request the restriction or removal of your information.
We employ experts who analyse online casinos and games. Our expert reviews and guides focus on several features for each casino or game:
- Should a user trust the casino to legitimately handle money and bank account information?
- Has the casino arranged for valid software certifications to verify the legitimacy and randomness of its games?
- Under which authorities or governing bodies are these legal and licensed casinos established?
- Is the casino’s website designed with user experience in mind?
- What is the signup process, and what kind of information does a user need to provide?
- Which kinds of games are available, and which restrictions are there regarding who can play these games?
- Which bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs does the casino offer to encourage users to return?
- How does the casino address and encourage responsible gambling?
- What are the most effective strategies to help players maximise their wagers?
- What is the history behind gambling with these games in India?
We design our reviews and guides to provide in-depth information across a broad spectrum of casino games, including live games, table games, and online sportsbooks.
The information that we collect will always be used for the purpose of improving our guides and user experience. We may use this information to suggest new games that suit your interests.
The Data That We Process
The data we collect falls into several different categories. While we are legally obliged to collect data in some of these categories, the rest are intended to improve your experience on our website or offer additional services via direct marketing. The full list of data categories follows:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- IP Address
- Location Data
- Website Usage
- Personal Preferences and Opinions
The majority of this information is related to your account and experience with our website. The data that we collect helps us form a more accurate picture of your preferences and interests, which helps us to provide information and offers that are relevant to you. You can see the importance of this information by reviewing the following examples:
- A 14-year-old in Goa explores several casino reviews in an attempt to find an online casino that may let him or her sign up and play. As 14 is below the minimum age to participate in online gambling, we may use this information to limit the kind and amount of direct marketing that is sent to this user through our website.
- A user from New Delhi looks at several reviews of online casinos that are not available to Indian players. We may send this user information about upcoming specials at these casinos paired with a reminder that the user must physically take a trip to an eligible country to participate in these specials.
- A user creates an online profile with our website. We retain the user’s email address and password to ensure that the user can continue to access that profile even if he or she forgets pieces of login information.
- A user consistently reviews our pages highlighting how to play or improve at roulette and searches for articles and expert reviews that include roulette. We may send direct marketing to this user based on his or her preference for this game.
- The European Union may track down a case of widespread fraud or data tampering related to an online casino frequented by European users. Authorities may legally request the information that we store about users who reside in Europe, and we may be legally compelled to provide that information.
Automated and Manual Processing
To preserve our users’ privacy, we limit how much manual data processing occurs on our site and in our database through two primary means:
- Automated Processing - Our preference is to use automated processing whenever possible. We use these systems to store, encrypt, and retrieve users’ information. The primary function of these processes is to simplify users’ experiences with their accounts. Since we retain usernames, passwords, email addresses, and other personal information, you can recover a lost password by using our automated processes based on the security information that you provided (and we stored) when you signed up with us. No one on our technical support team will manually access that information in response to a password request.
International Data Transfers
We have created our international data transfer policy concerning transfers outside of the jurisdiction of the European Union. In some limited scenarios, we may permit third parties to access general demographic information for marketing purposes.
Under no circumstances outside of legal compulsion will we ever share your personal information. In such situations, various governmental bodies may compel us to disclose your information in response to legal requests. We do not have a choice when responding to official requests from law enforcement agencies based on legal regulations and requirements.
We consistently strive to maintain your rights and privileges as permitted by law and our commitment to service. If we are contacted by law enforcement agencies, we will take steps to confirm that the agency and the request are legitimate.
Your Rights as a User
We firmly support your rights as a consumer. As you visit our website, we commit to protecting your data to the greatest degree possible. We will use the information that we collect only to improve your experience as you navigate our reviews, guides, and free games.
Your Rights and Options
To simplify the process through which you may exercise your consumer rights, we have compiled the legal options available to you. You can use our contact information to reach us directly with any requests.
- Access - You have certain rights regarding your access to the data that we collect.
- You may ask us to confirm whether we are collecting information about you and how you use our website.
- You may ask us for a copy of that information.
- You may ask us about details related to your information; that is, how we use your information, how long we retain it, how you can exercise your rights, how you can file a complaint, and how we collected your information.
- Rectification - You have rights related to the quality and accuracy of the information that we collect.
- You can ask us to correct any erroneous information that we have stored about you or how you use our website.
- In some cases, we may require that you verify the correction using clear evidence.
- Erasure - You have limited options to request that we erase your information. Examples of information you may request we delete:
- Information that is no longer necessary or relevant to how you use our website.
- Information based on your consent at the time that has since been withdrawn.
- Information related to a successful exercise of your right of objection.
- Information that has been illegally obtained.
- Information that you have a legal right to have deleted.
- There are some categories of information that you may not request we delete, including:
- Information that we are legally obligated to collect and retain.
- Information required to exercise legal claims and investigations.
- Restriction - You also have rights that prevent us from using some information that we retain.
- If you contest the accuracy of some information, it may be restricted until the rectification is complete.
- Data that may not be used lawfully, but you prefer that we retain it.
- Data that is no longer necessary for standard use but is still needed regarding legal claims.
- There is a pending objection to our right to collect the information.
- This restriction does not extend to several situations:
- If you have provided consent for us to use the information.
- If we are required to use the information regarding legal claims.
- If we must use the information to protect another person.
- Portability - You have rights regarding how we provide you with the information that you’ve requested.
- The information may be processed when you have provided consent.
- The information must be processed using automation rather than personal review.
- Objection - If you believe that your personal rights outweigh our legitimate interests regarding data collection, you may object to its use.
- In any such case, we may take the opportunity to defend our right to use the information.
- Supervisory Authority - You have the right to file complaints with relevant supervisory authorities regarding your information.
- We request that any such issues be brought to us for direct resolution first, though you are free to contact a supervisory body whenever you choose.
We have articulated your options here so that you may have a full awareness of the actions that you can legally take. If you would like us to do something with your information that we did not list above, please contact us, and we may be able to assist you.
We believe in the importance of providing only relevant direct marketing to our visitors. Due to the nature of gambling, users have widely different preferences, but we can observe patterns regarding associated tastes. Based on that information, we can provide our users with the most accurate recommendations, information, and incentives possible.
The data that we collect is often related to the information categories articulated in section 3 (‘The Data That We Process’). Generally, we will use this information to alert you to specials, promotions, new features, and website changes that may be relevant to you as an individual or as a member of a class.
We take care to ensure that our marketing efforts are conducted well within the legitimate interests that we have as a service provider. We will seek consent whenever possible and permit users to opt into this kind of marketing. If we have incorrect information and this information leads to invalid or inappropriate recommendations, you can exercise your rights as articulated in Section 4 (‘Your Rights as a User’) to expunge that incorrect information.
While we offer users the option to opt out from strictly marketing-based communication, there are some messages that we are compelled by law to distribute, including any alterations to our terms of service that occur after you agree to them.
As befits our commitment to high-quality customer service, we strive to keep any marketing communications to a minimum. We are obligated to share helpful information regarding promotions and newly-reviewed casinos because we believe that this communication helps both parties. We may use the information that we collect to tailor these marketing communications to your tastes.
The Time Frame During Which We Keep Your Data
We use several categories to organise your data. Depending on which category a piece of information falls under, we retain that information for a certain length of time. The four categories are:
- Data that is technically necessary to ensure that the website functions properly on your device.
- Data that we are mandated to record and retain by legal authorities or supervisory bodies.
- Data that is helpful to facilitate users’ positive experiences on our website.
- Data that must be retained for tax or economic and regulatory purposes.
The length of time during which we retain your information varies depending on these categories. If we are not legally mandated to retain the information for criminal or economic purposes and you withdraw your consent, we will remove the information immediately after we approve your objection. If we are legally required to retain the information, we will keep it indefinitely. We may remove technically-necessary data after your device changes or we update our website.
Once we have satisfied our legal requirements to retain your information, we have the option to exercise our right to remove that information. We may do so consistently for any information that is not directly relevant to user experience, including data that takes up unnecessary storage space or poses a risk of data theft. Instead of deleting the information, we may anonymise it to protect your identity and provide ourselves with helpful demographic information so that we may improve your experience and that of other users.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
Due to the variability in legal regulations depending on our users’ countries of origin, we adhere to consent-based justification for collecting and processing your data. This policy manifests in several ways:
- By using our website, you provide tacit consent that we may collect your personal data and website usage information.
- You may explicitly withdraw your consent in part or in full. If this decision impacts your ability to use our website effectively, we may communicate with you regarding the impact.
- We observe all legal requests for information that we receive and verify. We comply with legal injunctions against collecting information in specific circumstances.
- We make information related to our data collection, use, and processing freely available to all our users.
Due to our commitment to cooperating with law enforcement agencies that are pursuing active legal cases, there are some categories of protected information that we may collect. Under a legal mandate to collect such information, we do not have a choice regarding its collection. Such situations are comparatively rare and do not affect the majority of users.
Cookie Permissions and Options
We understand each user’s willful access of our website to implicitly provide consent to receive cookies from our website. Although it is possible to access our website without agreeing to install cookies on your computer, the website’s functionality, speed, and content will necessarily be reduced.
Even after they’ve been installed, you still have the option to remove our cookies from your system. Most web browsers will provide this option under settings, though you may need to access your system settings to do so. For further information regarding cookies and how to remove or deactivate them, visit AboutCookies.org’s FAQ page.
Categories of Cookies
Technically-necessary cookies serve vital purposes for website functionality. Without them, you would not be able to access important parts of the website. As such, your browser will download these cookies by default as needed unless you have instructed it not to do so.
Other cookie categories include those that are not technically necessary but are functionally useful. These include cookies that save settings, improve website performance, and preserve information related to how you use our website. These cookies improve your user experience on our website.